Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

Well, lookey here! Hello from a coffe shop! I have joined Katy at ModlyChic's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF).   The whole intention behind this is so fashion and beauty bloggers have the opportunity to share their thoughts on specific topics and get to know one another better. Each week there are questions posted that we answer and post on Fridays. How cool!! Thanks for starting this Katy!!  So here goes:





Blogger Authenticity 


1. Most readers and fellow fashion bloggers value authenticity in the blogs they read. How would you describe blog/blogger authenticity?
I like it when bloggers can share some things about themselves so you know they are Human. Like the quirky things that happen to them, the mishaps, the fat days, the bad hair, etc. And its also great to see bad outfits once in awhile, meaning people aren't trying to be super models, they are just wearing some creative concoction in their day to day lives (that sometimes go wrong LOL).


2. When it comes to your blog how to you infuse it with that true/ authentic feeling?
I HOPE my humour shines through! Gawd, I can only hope people understand my humour otherwise I am sure they would think I was weird... hmmm.. maybe thats why I only have 116 followers... and I like to make people smile. I know I look like a dork at times but can laugh and poke at myself and I like to share the little ideo-syncrities in life, the things that others can connect with and see that we are all real after all.


3. Have you stopped following a blog in the last three months? What made you lose interest?
Yes, there is one blogger in particular that I came across when I first started blogging. Hers came up in the google search so I went to her site and begin getting outfit ideas. As I read her blog regularly I just got so turned off by how much she was self promoting- like bragging up how great she was all the time... so all it took was one hit of the delete button in google reader, and POOF. She was gone.. geee, that would be a dangerous trick in real life!! LOL 


4. We can't communicate effectively on our blogs, something we don't live in real life... what are some ways you try to live an authentic life?
My number 1 motto in life is
"Without Integrity, Nothing Works"- meaning, all there is to do is be true to yourself and others and the rest falls into place.


5. Give a shout-out... Which bloggers do you think are truly genuine and why?
Please, no offense to the many bloggers I absolutely LOVE, but for simplicity sake I am choosing one. Its a simple pink blog. Clean simple photos. Content is so REAL.You HAVE to go over and visit Ralph at
Shybiker. I am totally inspired by the authentic sharing on a daily basis. I also love some of the really playful outfits!! Please do go and visit Shybiker, you are in for a treat!!

15 comments:

  1. i agree and can relate to s many of these answers ! great post !
    i would love for you to check out my blog and tell me what you think
    Ashley
    http://wise-rabbit-says.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard sweets...love your answers..and your humor is too too much...very authentic to me:)
    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Vote for me in the ELF Cosmetics Beauty of All Ages Model Search 2011♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers and I really enjoy your humor...must be a Canadian thing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry your humor shines throughout your blog. That is one thing I absolutely LOVE about your blog. Two thumbs up, and good to see you've joined our group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi!! I love this!! I freakin LOVE your sense of humor!!! It keeps me going I swear! And DANG are you honest!?? I do get turned off too by too much self promotion. A little I understand, ALOT is just plain annoying!
    I LOVE RALPH!! HE is my guest post partner this month and he is fabulous!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you're so adorable!!!! You said all those nice things and you hadn't even read the post I just put up. I'm right in what I said for sure!

    Have a great day, beautiful! Man, I'm gonna be so late for work if I don't bust a move. Ack! xoxo, f:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! OMG!!

    I was composing a comment about how great it is that you're adopting this weekly feature and how authentic I find your blog and then... you mention me! I can't believe it! And you said such nice things!

    Jodi, thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. This was such a sweet thing to do. Wow... I'm reeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi - Welcome to the group and I am so glad that you are joining all of us. I think your response to #4 is spot-on. Now I'm headed off to check out Shybiker. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee, I like how you use a capital H when you say "so you know they are Human"...in case they might be Cyborgs or Robots instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading your answers
    I agree about the uber self-promoters!!
    Love your humor girl


    Have You Entered My Birthday Giveaway Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, self-promoters! I do love your affirmation in #4.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for being my 200th follower!! Loved your answers.. I really like it as well when bloggers say a little bit about their life.. even the not-so-good things. It makes them more real! And don't worry I love your sense of humor, that's why you don't have more than 116 followers now ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your motto, "Without Integrity, Nothing Works." I totally agree you have to be true to yourself.

    http://bubblingwitheleganceandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Jodi. Love your humour and your honesty which is why you're on my list of authentic bloggers on my Friend Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well put! I enjoy your blog very much!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete