Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daily Outfit: Sir DJ Mixalot


In the name of having fun, I thought I would try a trial run of pattern mixing.  This is a result of having nothing but a plain pink t-shirt to wear with this skirt so I began playing around with other options.  The first word that popped into my head was Sir DJ Mixalot.   Now, I didn't listen to this DJ, but for some reason I know his name and it seems appropriate given the attempt at mixed patterns.  If you ask me, Kasmira of What I Wore Today is the queen of pattern mixing.  She rocks it out like no other.  YouLook Fab also has some great tips on Pattern mixing for beginners  ( I think I did it right!!).  And Audi at Fashion for Nerds also has endless mix ideas.  I felt like dork when I first left the house (and imagined that people would be pointing me out like in the picture above), but instead something very cool happened.  The first person I saw this morning (my Chiropractor) said " Wow Jodi, you look GREAT".. and then when I stopped to get an Earl Grey tea on the way in to work a guy said "Do you ever have fashion sense-- I see dots"- (side note: I think that guy wasn't all  there).  But at any rate.. I did get 2 unsolicited compliments.  Stay tuned for more adventures of Pattern Mixing in the coming months.  (Rita: do you recognize this location????)

2 comments:

  1. i love the mix of patterns! good for you!!!! I would never have the courage to wear patterns like that together...well..i mean until now.

    and the location? no...should I?

    http://cinderitaadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not far from your house actually.. keep you eyes peeled when you drive home and see if you can see it...

    ReplyDelete