Friday, November 1, 2013

Red Turtleneck


Well Helloooo abit of a zoolander face today:)  I really feel like I have lost my fashion mojo!!  Right now in the face of packing for our move I am finding all these clothes that I have been hanging onto for years that I never wear but keep since you NEVER KNOW when it may be in fashion again.  It feels good to purge all that stuff.  Also- I have all kinds of crazy things from thrift stores that I don't wear, or some of them that I DO wear-- I shouldn't :)   For me this is an exciting phase of redefining my look-- out with the old and in with the new.  I will be more intentional with the new stuff however, and only buy stuff that is POW!! SHAZAM!! DAMN AWESOME!! No more 'just okay and I will buy it because its only $2.00!!'

You know that feeling when you put on an outfit and you feel amazing VERSUS that frumpy outfit and you feel frumpy?  I find that strange given our happiness is an experience rather than to be sourced from something external.  Anyway-- just a thought or question.

Do you think your outfit is what makes you feel good/not good?  And if so why?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jody, I have been all about purging lately! It does feel good. I really believe my outsides affect my insides. My confidence returned in a big way when I began to care about my appearance again. I know that when I look in the mirror each morning and I smile...I am going to go out with my head held high. I think it makes a huge difference for women. The years I wore frumpy...I was despondent and unmotivated. Great questions...hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tossing old stuff we don't use is healthy. And I believe our joy in looking good comes from inside (our self-esteem) even though it's sometimes triggered by external factors (e.g., clothes).

    This may seem odd but I'm excited about your move -- and I'm not even going with you! Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete