Monday, February 21, 2011

Lovely Ladies: Remy

This outfit gives me confidence.  I have always wished to be taller, so I make it happen by wearing 5inch heels.  I am 5'6" when I'm standing up straight, and my husband is 6'3", and of course I am smaller than him, but the heels make me feel more powerful.  I like to stand out and wearing this outfit helps me do that.  I am still an 80s girl at heart.  I love to wear tight jeans and heels.  Black is THE colour for me.  I wear black because it makes me look a little bit edgy.  I feel the edge and I love to express the edge, and this is one way for me to be able to do that. 

I wear heels everywhere.  Not all of them are spiked heels like these boots, but I wear heels, with jeans, with trousers, with skirts.  You name it, I will wear heels with them.  They make me feel more powerful, more confident, and I just love how I look in them.  Heels make me stand up taller, and I feel sexy in them.  In fact, my husband bought me these boots.  

The jeans of course, have that retro feel to them.  If I could, I'd go back to all the things I missed in the 80s, including the fashion.  I was distracted by other things when I was growing up and I missed out on all the fun colours and wild hair and fashion trends of the 80s.  I have friends who make fun of me for being stuck in the 80s but I'm quite happy there.  I loved the hot pinks and the neon colours from back then.  Everything but the make up.  The make up was scary, but everything else was fun and harmless.  Dressing like this makes me feel younger.
The attitude is all part of the appearance.  I am too cute to wear pinks and pastels. The black gives me an edge.  The message on the tshirt, softens me up.  It changes everything about the outfit.  It's important.  That message needs to go into my head as well as others.  Live with Love.  So much happier that way.  I think that should be the 11th commandment. 

Oh and let's not forget the long black leather coat.  I love it.  It's a kick a** coat and makes me feel like something out of the Matrix when I wear it.

*Photoshoot compliments of Jodi at day2daywear :)

7 comments:

  1. Great message for a Monday: LIVE WITH LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. I like the top, and she looks so happy. Those are some serious heels.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is FABBE. xxx xxx
    Remy we <3 you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those heels are so awesome! I give you kudos for wearing them! -I have to wear wedges, heels tend to hurt my feet after awhile.. but I wish I could rock some like that!

    Ps. Jodi! I love your brown skirt post, I'm going to copy your outfit- hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's one confident lady! She just radiates happiness and self-fulfillment!

    Miss ya babe!

    besos,

    ML

    Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete