Thursday, June 28, 2012

Coffee or a Dress?

Okay, I was smiling when I walked out of my favorite secret thrift store with this dress tucked in my bag.  I could have bought a coffee for the same price of this dress ($3.00).  While the color of the coffee and cream are the same as the colors of this dress, I thought that the dress would be: less acidic on my stomach, calming rather than pump me up, less calories because I like cream over milk, and longer lasting.  Oh, and one more thing, provide pleasure for longer than it takes to drink and then forget about the coffee (at $3 bucks the coffee is likely not all that noteworthy :).

Anyway, I am happy with my new and low cost purchase which makes me think of this famous quote:

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort"
 ~Franklin Roosevelt~

8 comments:

  1. stunning look, loved ue dress.

    www.mahikhokhar.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just love a bargain! I've bought clothes these inexpensive and it feels like you're stealing them. Lovely, lovely dress. And I never tire of admiring how pretty you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress for sure!
    You look wonderful in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute dress and such a steal!
    (also, it seems my coffee costs more than $3 these days...)
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes, that dress looks amazing on you. You look great! And for $3.00?!! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this dress!!! It looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great find! I'd totally take that dress over a coffee any day :)

    ReplyDelete