Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Stoopidest Purchase of the Year





An alien must have inhabited my body for a few hours on Sunday. I went to a store to pick up something for someone and walked out with this tunic. I even tried it on. I knew better than to even take it off the rack. I was thinking of Ally's comments "you look good in bold", I remembered Gracey's pattern mixing that I was so inspired by.  I took it off the hanger, into the change room, tried it on.  KNEW it wasn't flattering yet when I came out all the girls cooed and said, thats SO CUTE.  I even walked out with a smile on my face.

Tuesday morning. I get dressed.  Look like I'm wearing a sack.  The hubs convinces me I need a belt with it and tries to downplay the hideousness of it all.  I go to work dressed in it ANYWAY.

All day I just wanted to ask someone what they thought but I fought the urge to make them uncomfortable. I only needed 1, only 1 comment to reassure me that I didn't look like a complete clown. But I DIDNT ASK.

I even tried tying it in a knot at the side (Photo 4).  No returns.  Hopefully they might let me exchange it?

Do you ever return something if you have worn it for at least a few hours?
(At least I can laugh at myself here.... :(

4 comments:

  1. I hate stores that don't allow returns. Le Chateau is like that and I often don't shop there because of it. Mind you, where I mostly shop at consignment stores they don't offer returns either.

    I haven't returned anything that I've worn...that I can think of.

    Good luck!

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well, it's comforting to know that even JODI is fallible. Boy, this tunic sucks. (I say that in the most sympathetic of ways.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... I know.. I was soooo dumb.. not sure why but maybe I was hopefully thinking I would look like those fabulous skinny girls who DO look good in a sack hah hah... serves me right..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I sent you a email, plz check it.

    ReplyDelete