Monday, March 5, 2012

Leopard and Bird




Well hello!! Happy Monday everyone.  Today I made a makeshift studio. Yes indeed, a very primitive one at that, however, what else is a girl to do on a very cold and windy day during her lunchbreak at home?

How to Make a Make-Shift Studio (a VERY professional one :)
1 roll of tape
1 wall
1 white (or color of choice) bed sheet
Camera
Tripod
Model

Just  tape the sheet to the wall and you are ready  to go!!

Now down to business... As you can see, I haven't been very regular on here for awhile, I have been a travel maniac lately.  Thailand, Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, Kelowna, Vancouver.  NOW.I.STAY.HOME.  No more multiday work trips for awhile and talk about relief.  So on to the outfit. Like my little birdie?  One thing you don't know about me is, I LOVE CROWS.  I must have just been born this way cuz I have no idea why they intrigue me so much.  I have a bunch of cute crow paintings and cards and the fiance gave me this little one for Valentines Day.  I keep it on the upper ledge of an old window frame I made into a mirror so it looks like he just flew in the house and is sitting on top of the window ledge.    And my outfit, oh yeah, guess I should mention it.. well, the wind blew my damn skirt up around my waist today when walking to work so all the people around me got a good look at my burgundy rear end!!  Cheap Thrills!!

Anyway, let me know how the Make Shift Studio instructions work out for you if you try it!! LOL

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the makeshift studio screen! good for you! and love the leggings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good, lil' birdie and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done this! When I first started taking pictures of myself -- long before I knew about blogging -- I created this type of background with bedsheets. Could never get the creases out, though. Pros use hard cardboard that doesn't crease.

    My fantasy? The two of us in a professional studio with a variety of backdrops and a pile of clothes. You looking fantastic and me trying to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your studio is pretty neato :) I actually tried to do that on one particularly cold day and the sheet just kept falling. so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt looks fantastic on you. We used to do the sheet drop cloth for dance photos when I was in college. The wind and skirt story made me laugh. Just last week I was getting the kids in the car when the wind blew up my skirt in front of the contractors working on my neighbor's house. Slightly embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt looks fantastic on you. We used to do the sheet drop cloth for dance photos when I was in college. The wind and skirt story made me laugh. Just last week I was getting the kids in the car when the wind blew up my skirt in front of the contractors working on my neighbor's house. Slightly embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That leopard skirt is stunning! So chic paired with the black turtleneck.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. your 'studio' looks pretty great, and i love the leopard skirt!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your leopard skirt is adorable. You are looking fabulous. Loved your style!

    ReplyDelete