Sunday, July 4, 2010
Learning how to pose
I was just cruising blogs to see if there are any tried and try tips for how to photograph yourself and I haven't yet come up with anything. One thing I have found, is many of the girls have husbands, significant others who are photographers. YOU ARE LUCKY!! Anyway- one of my other goals is to become a better photographer- just waiting for the new battery charger for our nice camera.
Some quick tips I have found, and will try for posing:
1. Play around taking pictures of yourself to determine your best angle- what side is more flattering?
2. Get rid of a double chin. Tilt your head up slightly and try to position yourself so that the camera is a little above your eye level. This will hide a double chin fairly effectively. Also try resting your tongue against the roof of your mouth.
3. 3/4 pose One trick models often use is to present a 3/4 pose to the camera (turn your head so that 3/4 of your face is exposed to the camera, as opposed to a full frontal shot). Do this rather than have your nose face the camera full on.
4. Be asymmetrical. Tilt to the side slightly, bend slightly, have arms at a different height or each arm doing something different.
5. Arms away. Do not press your arms against your body. Apparently it squishes the flab and makes your arms look bigger.
6. Legs placing. Place one leg slightly in front of the other with your weight abit more on the back leg. Lifting your front foot abit (up on your toe) makes your legs seem longer.
7. Sitting pose. If sitting, sit on the edge of your chair and angle your legs to the side with one angled in front of the other.
8. Get ideas. Go to What I Wore Today. She has rockin ideas for poses and makes it so fun!!!
at 6:22 PM